Going camping with your baby is undoubtedly a great experience. For all nature lovers, going outdoors and camping with your little one amidst greenery can be a wonderful experience. Watching your kid experience the beauty of nature is quite fulfilling, don’t you think? However, the challenging part is to ensure your baby is comfortable and sleeps well at night.
This is why portable baby cribs are something you need to carry while going out camping with your baby. Moreover, a reliable crib makes most of the aspects of camping with a baby much easier.
Here are some of the best baby cribs for camping that you can consider buying:
Extensive Guide to the Best Camping Baby Cribs
Lotus Travel Crib
- 【CERTIFIED SAFE & LOW-VOC】It’s surprising, but some baby products, including play yards, still contain harsh chemicals. That didn’t fly with our team,...
- 【WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL】3D Z-Fold Technology allows it to fold compact enough to carry through airports, making the Lotus Travel Crib a baby travel...
- 【BUILD A BETTER BOND】Quietly and easily unzip the lockable side door to help your baby fall asleep or turn the portable crib into a play yard. With the door...
- 【LASTING COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE】The Lotus Crib portable playard is made with high-quality aluminum and non-slip rubberized feet, making it travel-ready and...
This 13lbs crib is light-weight, and hence can be easily carried from one place to another. The best quality of this crib is that it can be quickly set up and packed without any hassle. It is the only baby travel crib available in the market that has a GreenGuard Gold approval.
The Lotus Travel crib has been certified as safe and toxin-free. It is devoid of any kind of harmful chemicals like PVC, lead, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, and heavy metals (Cadmium, Arsenic, Mercury). The quality of this crib is top-notch and provides breathable airflow. You also get a side zipper door which makes the product more convenient. Cuddle your baby to sleep and simply zip the door. When your baby is awake, you can put them inside the crib and let them play and crawl. Doesn’t it make your job so much easier?
|Material||Phthalate-free, BPA-free, lead-free|
|Dimensions of the product||45.5 x 31.5 x 25.5 inches|
- Materials and workmanship are well-made and durable
- This camping crib is safe for your baby since there are no harsh chemicals
- Very simple to set up and take down for those in a hurry
- Can be converted and carried as a backpack
- This crib is a bit more expensive compared to competitors
Primo Cocoon Folding Indoor & Outdoor Travel Bassinet
- Simple to set up and fold up
- Easy to take with you
- Soft and comfy mattress. Mattress is High-resilient PU foam
- Airy design for good supervision
The Primo Cocoon Folding Travel Bassinet gives babies a soft, comfortable, and secure place to sleep even under a star-lit sky amidst nature. It comes with a breathable mesh siding and a detachable mesh canopy that prevents harmful bugs and mosquitoes from reaching your baby. This also promotes air circulation inside the crib. This product is lightweight and portable with a unique folding provision.
It comes with a matching travel bag that helps you carry the crib without any effort. Good quality fabric, a washable mattress, and breathable mesh are the additional benefits.
|Dimensions||LxWxH 34 x 17 x 35 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||20 pounds|
- Convenient and portable
- Comes with a protective canopy
- Has a washable mattress
- It takes extra time to set up
- Set up instructions are not thorough
Besrey Travel Bassinet
- Dual Modes: Reassuringly rock your baby to sleep, or simply convert baby bassinet to stationary mode with a choice of two heights for peaceful napping
- EASY ASSEMBLY: This bedside sleeper assembles effortlessly and easily adjusts between the 2 height positions by simply pressing the locking pins on each support
- Safe & STURDY: The solid structure provides the cradle with excellent stability, while quality, toxic-free materials provides you peace of mind for you and your...
- COMPACT & FOLDABLE: At a mere 12.4lbs and 33.4 x 5.9in, this baby bassinet crib is foldable which makes storing, moving and transporting a breeze
There are a lot of reasons to fall in love with this baby crib for camping. If you are new to camping with a baby, you will find it much stronger than other portable cribs. Even if you choose to camp on uneven ground, this crib won’t make you feel any discomfort. Its feet come with thick plastic, which makes sure that they won’t rip the floor of your tent.
Another positive aspect of the camp is that the crib isn’t very high from the ground. It will fit inside most tents. So, there is less chance of you hitting yourself against the roof of the tent while bringing your baby out. You also get storage pockets and a mosquito net. There is a mattress as well, which is 38 inches long.
|Size||38x24x41 inches (LxWXH)|
|Recommended baby weight||Babies up to 44lbs|
- Built with very strong materials
- Extremely portable
- Comes with a long mattress
- It is not suitable for extra small spaces
- Does not come with as many features
Joovy Coo Portable
- Folds flat for travel and storage; incuded travel bag with carrying straps
- Converts from bassinet to playpen with a zipper; built-in under-bassinet storage.
- Lock or unlock the rocking feature to keep baby put or rock back to sleep
- 100% see-through mesh and breathable fabrics
Joovy Coo Portable camping bed for babies has been created with a unique design. As the name suggests, it is portable in nature which makes it easy to carry around. You can put the mattress on top of the crib, which will keep your baby in an elevated posture from the ground.
This crib comes with the additional benefits of turning it into a playpen by unzipping the mattress. You can bring your baby out and place it inside through a side zipper. Even if your baby grows up a little, there is no need to worry since the bed is 41 inches long. It will easily hold infants and older babies. You can even fold it as the bed is super compact.
|Size||41x 25×28 inches (LxWxH)|
|Recommended baby size||0 to 35 inches tall|
- It is very compact and easier to stow away
- Can be converted into a playpen for dual uses
- Has a big bed area for the baby
- Due to its big bed, the crib might not fit inside a small tent
Graco Pack n’ Play
- Portable Travel Dome bassinet can be used on or off the playard, so you can keep baby by your side wherever you go
- The Travel Dome folds compactly and includes its own carry bag so it’s easy and convenient to take on the go
- Raised Travel Dome bassinet positions baby at your eye level for check-ins through the night
- Full-size infant bassinet provides an easy-to-reach and easy-to-view spot for your baby to sleep
Graco Pack is one of the most loved tents among parents for camping. This crib is adequately spacious with tall walls, which ensures that your baby is protected from all sides. Another advantage of having this crib is that the whole bed area is slightly elevated from the ground. You can easily place the crib even in a muddy area without worrying much.
However, the downside of having high walls is that it becomes difficult to get your baby in and out. Also, you need to be careful of not hitting your head on the ceiling of the tent. The primary reason behind the popularity of this crib is its affordability.
|Size||40x28x29 inches (LxWxH)|
|Baby age||0-2 years|
- Very affordable
- Quite big for the baby to move around
- The baby crib has a large footprint, making it difficult to fit in certain tents with smaller doors
Baby Delight Go with Me Nod Deluxe Portable Crib
- SUPER FAST SETUP - Install in 60 seconds or less with no need for tools or hardware. Simply remove from the carrying bag, unwrap the crib, expand each corner,...
- OUR ON-THE-GO SOLUTION - As a parent, we know that life takes you many different places. Because of that, we designed this crib to be lightweight and easy to...
- COMFORTABLE AND BREATEABLE - The Nod Deluxe was created for ideal comfortability. Our plush mattress gives your baby a comfortable place to sleep while the mesh...
- MAXIMUM SAFETY & STYLE - JMPA Certified and was designed with maximum safety. Our mesh fabric and charcoal tweed is meant to fit into any home’s décor. At...
The Baby Delight is a good choice for outdoor camping with babies. The materials used in this crib are water-resistant, and the mattress is waterproof. Besides, you can remove the mattress whenever needed.
Most of the other portable playpens tend to be square in shape, but this crib is rectangular. It is quite long so that older toddlers can also fit in but narrow enough to make sure it doesn’t occupy a lot of area in the tent.
Another great advantage of buying a Baby Delight is the zippable sidewall. If your kid is sleeping and you don’t want to wake them up, just open the zip and slowly place the baby inside. However, the mattress is not very thick, so you have to bring an extra sleeping pad.
|Baby age||0-3 years (50lbs)|
- Comes with a zipper for sidewalls
- It is long enough for older babies
- The mattress is thin.
Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet
- MAXIMUM SAFETY: Sleep soundly knowing your baby is safely nestled in the bedside sleeper. Anchors at the bottom firmly secure the bassinet to your adult bed to...
- STYLYISH AND COZY: Your little one will rest on a comfy, yet firm mattress surrounded by breathable, mesh walls that keep air circulating. At Baby Delight, we...
- FULL ACCESSABLILITY: When it is in bedside sleeper mode, simply unzip the panel closest to your bed to bring your baby close to your side. Easily lean over to...
- USE FOR ANY BED: Our high-quality baby bassinet can be adjusted to 6 different height positions, which means you can change the height to fit most adult beds....
With the Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper, you can sleep comfortably knowing that your baby is safe. When you opt for the bassinet mode, your baby will be protected by breathable mesh walls from the sides. This makes sure that there is enough air circulation inside the crib while giving your baby their personal sleeping space.
It is lightweight and compact, making it portable. All you need to do is lean onto the crib to check or take care of your baby at night.
|Dimensions||37″ long x 22.5″ wide x 31″ tall|
|Material composition||70% polyester, 15% plastic, 15% metal|
|Maximum weight recommendation||20 pounds|
- Lightweight, making it great for trips where you’ll have to transport this over longer distances
- Breathable mesh all around the camping crib
- It is expensive as compared to other baby cribs
Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome
- Fisher-Price Portable Bassinet And Play Space On-The-Go Baby Dome With Developmental Toys And Canopy, Arrows Away [Amazon Exclusive]
For all new parents who are planning to go camping with their babies, take along the Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome. It provides everything that a toddler requires for a satisfying, trouble-free nap and comfortable play time. It serves as an all-in-one convenient choice for your baby.
The super soft padding and secured canopy gives the feeling of being at home even when the baby is outside. You can even carry your baby’s toys since the crib comes with enough space.
|Dimensions||LxWxH 7 x 31 x 21 inches|
- Comes with toys that babies can play with
- Spacious and roomy
- Comfortable padding
- Very portable
- The crib is not washable
Points you should consider when choosing a baby crib for camping
Now that you know which cribs to choose from, let’s take a look at the criteria that you need to consider before making a purchase:
Most of the time, camping cribs are made in a way that prevents the opening of sides unless you choose to open it yourself.
Safety is the most important criteria for any baby crib. Thus, cribs that come with strong zips and rails should be considered for purchase.
Since you will be taking your baby outdoors, a crib that can be folded and easily accommodated in your car is a must. There are foldable beds available in the market, which makes it easier to carry.
Selecting the right material
The material of the crib should be checked for the safety of your child. Some cribs are made of plastic coating near the edges. For health and other environmental reasons, most cribs today are made with non-toxic materials. People also prefer to use cribs that are made of natural and allergen-free waxes. Go for organic cotton material, if possible.
In most cases, you might not find a mattress along with the crib for newborns. Go for a firm mattress to stay away from the risk of suffocation. The mattress must fit the size of the crib.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best portable baby crib?
There are many portable baby cribs that you will find in the market. Go through the list provided in the article to make a wise decision.
What is the most comfortable travel crib?
Take a look at the list provided above to choose a crib for your baby, as per your preference.
How cold is too cold to go camping with a baby?
If the weather is damp and windy with a temperature ranging from 50 or 60 degrees, it might be too cold for your baby. There could be a sharp drop in their body temperature if they are not covered in proper woolens.
Although there isn’t any doubt that camping with babies and toddlers can be a very interesting scenario, it might also turn out to be a havoc if not planned properly. Thus, before you decide to take your baby outdoors for camping, it’s crucial that you get the most suitable baby crib. Happy camping!