There is nothing better than camping with your little tot! Their million-dollar smile vanishes the tensions, and that makes babies the perfect camping partner.
However, camping with a baby requires you to have a set of camping gear that includes different items like the bed or carrier! I love camping with my son, and we’ve been doing it since he was 2.
I understand the dilemma of choosing the best camping gear for babies, as every parent wants to have the best for their offspring. This article rounds up the must-have baby gear you need to reward your baby with comfort and safety while camping.
I’ve listed the top camping essentials every parent should have. Also, the article wraps up a quick “tips” section to help new parents make the best buying decision.
Baby Delight Go with Me Chair: For Comfortable Seating
- YOUR ON-THE-GO SOLUTION: As a parent, we know that life takes you many different places. So, we designed this toddler chair to fold up and fit into a portable...
- EXTENDED USE: As your child gets older, the chair continues to fit their needs. The Venture Chair converts from sitting, to standing, to big kid mode. Seats...
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Comes with a removeable snack tray and sun canopy. Also, made with fabric that is resistant to fading, stains, and mold making it just what...
- SAFE AND SECURE: Our strong and stable flared legs system keeps the chair in place wherever it goes. In sitting mode, you are able to use the 5-point removeable...
This chair from Baby Delight is indispensable to seat your kid with comfort. Designed thoughtfully, the chair features a big canopy, and the sun won’t disturb your baby while he enjoys seeing you cooking for him.
The baby can relish the tasty food, as the chair features a big tray, and you can also use it to place the milk bottle. In addition, the material is water-resistant, so stop worrying about the baby drenching it.
The angled legs reward the chair with more stability, and it won’t tip over easily, which is essential for added safety. As per the manufacturer, the chair can accommodate a baby up to 75-lbs, and you can keep using it even if the baby grows into a child.
The three-pin belt mechanism keeps the baby secure in place, and parents say it is highly comfortable. You can quickly fold the chair and toss it into the boot when it’s time to wrap up the camping session.
Available in a range of colors, this chair is something you need if planning to camp with a baby. Lastly, Baby Delight ships it with a water-resistant cover, and you can carry it around without any hassles.
|Color||Gray (Available in Multiple Colors)|
|Ideal for (age group)||3 – 24 Months|
- It is durable and lightweight.
- The chair helps your baby sit and stand comfortably
- Made using water-resistant polyester
- It has a big sun canopy to protect your tot from sun and rain
- There is no cushioning at all
- The lighter colors get dirty easily
ClevrPlus Canyonero Camping Baby Backpack: For Carrying Your Tot
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: The lightweight frame is lightweight yet is sturdy enough to be comfortable for both baby and adult for hours. The straps and hip...
- EXTRA LARGE STORAGE AREAS: Storage compartment under the carrier is large enough to hold the included baby changing pad, bottles, diapers, sweaters, phone, keys...
- RAIN OR SHINE: The included sun canopy and rain cover help keep your baby protected, cool, and dry during all weather conditions. The safety belts and foot...
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD: The adjustable seat customizes the carrier to fit your child’s height. The carrier is built for children between 9-48 months (max...
If the area you are planning to camp around does not have strollable roads, you need a reliable baby backpack like this one. Designed to offer comfort, the baby backpack is a perfect choice for children from 9 to 48 months.
The adjustable padded child seat has a 5-point safety harness to keep the child in place. Also, the adjustable foot stirrups let you carry the baby for longer.
There is plenty of storage space on offer, so you can carry some baby food and diapers when hiking with the kid. Parents can quickly adjust the shoulder straps to their comfort, and that makes this baby backpack ideal for every parent.
There is a waist belt for added safety, and you can comfortably walk on inclined paths without worrying about anything. Got tired? No worries, just remove the backpack and place it over the ground.
The built-in steel stand lets you place the backpack anywhere, and your tot will still enjoy comfort. There is a removable sun canopy packed inside the backpack, and you can install it to block the harsh sun rays.
Lastly, CleverPlus ships a good quality diaper changing mat with this backpack, which makes it one of the best camping gears for babies.
Parents can choose from a variety of colors and can wear this backpack every time they plan a day out hiking with their baby.
|Color||Merlot Red (More Options Available)|
|Max Child Weight||42 lbs|
|Ideal for (age group)||9 – 48 Months|
- The insulated pocket keeps the food warm
- It is a lightweight and durable baby backpack
- There are multiple safety straps and harnesses
- The thick padded straps help you carry it on a long-distance
- Some parents said that the kickstand is not good for uneven surfaces
- The quality of stitching is not up to the mark
Baby Delight Go With Me Eclipse Portable Playard: To Let Your Baby Walk and Crawl
- ON-THE-GO PLAYARD: As a parent, we know that life takes you many different places. So, we designed this playard to be lightweight and easy to fold, fitting...
- COZY, YET BREATHABLE: We designed our Eclipse Portable Playard so your toddler could have their own cozy space to be. It was designed with mesh sidewalls...
- MAXIMUM SAFETY: JPMA certified and built with a durable metal frame with two locks. All six legs work together to provide a sturdy base for your child to sit,...
- VERSATLE DESIGN: Our durable nylon floor makes it easy to wipe away any messes, and if those get a little too messy, the fabric can be removed and tossed into...
If your baby has just started crawling and needs a lot of space to walk around, you need Baby Delight Go With Me Eclipse Portable Playard. The playard has some good space, so your baby can crawl and walk inside it.
Safety won’t be an issue, thanks to the high boundary walls. The mesh assures high airflow, and your baby will not feel claustrophobic at all. Furthermore, Baby Delight ships this playard with a big canopy, making it ideal for use under the sun and during downpours.
Installing this device is pretty easy, and you can set it up on a beach or around the camping area. Some parents even use it at home to contain their baby securely in a place.
There are no sharp-edged or protruding parts, which enhance safety. However, your baby may cross the boundary if he is tall and heavy.
Overall, this nylon and mesh Playard is another important camping gear parents must own if they are taking the babies out for a trip.
Make sure to use this playard on flat ground, as the base does not have enough cushioning, and the babies may step on rocks.
|Ideal for (age group)||6 – 24 Months|
- Optimal airflow due to the mesh walls
- The steel tubes are highly durable
- It comes with a huge canopy
- It is a JPMA certified product
- The base is not very sturdy
- A blow with any sharp object can puncture the mesh
Skip Hop Baby Changing Pad: For Keeping Your Baby Clean
- Our ultra-convenient clutch features a wipe-clean, zip-off changing pad and translucent wipes case for timely refills
- The large mesh pocket holds up to four diapers plus creams and other essentials, while the front zippered pocket is perfect for keys, cell phone or other...
- Includes translucent wipes case is see-through for timely reloads
- Front zipper pocket for keys, wallet, phone, and personal items & Mesh pocket holds up to four large diapers, creams and other essentials
Another important baby camping gear is Skip Hop Baby Changing Pad. No matter where you are heading, having a changing pad is indispensable.
What makes this camping gear stand out is the cushioned pad. This is a unique diaper changing station that has multiple pockets to carry nappies and other stuff you need to clean the baby.
The transparent pocket helps you find out if the nappies are running out of stock. It has a huge changing area, and you can comfortably rest the baby there.
Folding the changing pad transforms it into a portable backpack, which makes traveling easier. There is a zipper pocket outside as well, so you can quickly grab a nappy when you feel the little one is going to do something.
Made using durable materials, the changing pad can easily last longer and is washable. I loved the adjustable wrist strap, and you can wear it around the wrist when taking the baby for hiking.
Choose from a range of colors that Skip Hop offers, and you are good to go.
|Color||Chevron (Available in Multiple Colors)|
|Ideal for (age group)||Universal|
- It has an extra-wide cushioned mat
- The translucent pocket helps you check the remaining wipes
- Easy to carry all around
- Compact and portable design
- The material may turn yellow after some time
- It does not hold extra-large baby products
Bemece Stroller Rain Cover Universal: For Protection Against Downpours and Splashes
- High Quality: Bemece Universal Stroller Rain Cover is made of EVA thin film which can be used directly for food packaging, it is non-toxic and environmentally...
- Enough Ventilation Holes: The mesh holes on each side are a nice addition for breathability, and ventilation holes in the right place, the air gets in to give...
- High Transparency: With the see-through large window it is great for baby lift in and out of stroller, and also show perfect vision.
- Waterproof Zipper: Waterproof zipper to stop rain from seeping in, and Velcro straps in the front to keep the rain cover fixed on the stroller, without afraid...
Rain can quickly wash away your plans of strolling on those beautiful paths across the camping site, but wait, you can have a good-quality rain cover for the stroller! This stroller rain cover from Bemece is compatible with almost any stroller out there.
Parents love using this cover because of the convenience it offers. There is a big zipper window, and you can rest the baby conveniently inside the stroller. The material is thick and protects the stroller rider from rains and splashes.
As it covers the stroller thoroughly, so you can expect all-round protection from mosquitoes, flies, and other insects. Installing and removing the cover is a cakewalk, and you can quickly snap it off the stroller after the rain is over.
The only downside to using this camping gear is that it makes the baby feel hot. Open the zippers a little for better ventilation, and do not use this cover for longer durations.
|Ideal for (age group)||Universal|
- Made using tear-resistant material
- It is fully waterproof
- Keeps insects and dust away from your little one
- Easy to install and remove
- Some parents said the Velcro straps are flimsy
- Not ideal for longer usage
KidCo P3010 Peapod Portable Indoor Outdoor Travel Bed: For a Comfortable Sleep
No products found.
Comfort is a must when camping with babies, so parents should have KidCo P3010 Travel Bed to sleep their munchkin on a comfortable surface. The best has the ability to transform into a carry-on bag, so traveling with it won’t be painful.
The base feels plush and comfortable, so expect your kid to have a refreshing sleep after an hour’s long car drive. The mesh walls are there to keep mosquitoes out while the baby gets enough air while sleeping inside.
The big window on the top showers light inside the bed to prevent the claustrophobic feels. The overall weight of this travel bed is 2.45 lbs, which makes managing it a one-parent show.
KidCo ships this travel bed pre-assembled, and you can use it right away after unboxing. Furthermore, the anchor straps under the bed restrain any movements, and it stays secure in place.
Lastly, you get a carrying bag with this bed, so fold it and pack it conveniently.
|Ideal for (age group)||3 – 24 Months|
- The lightweight mesh walls let the air inside while keeping insects outside
- It has a big window that makes the bed feel even roomier
- No hassles of assembling
- The net offers decent protection against UV rays
- Not for babies with a big body stature
- You cannot carry it with the baby inside
Thule Chariot Cheetah XT Multisport Trailer: For Safe Bike Rides
- Lightweight carrier makes for easier use
- Aerodynamic design enhances multi-sport capabilities
- HeightRight adjustable handlebar for parent's comfort
- Blue touchpoints added for intuitive operation
So, you have born an adventure-junky, who asks you to take him out for a bike ride? You need to have a bike chariot like Thule Chariot Cheetah XT Multisport Trailer. The chariot easily fits behind the bike, and you can stroll with uncompromised safety.
Installing it with your bike will take some time, but it is worth the effort. There are two seats inside the chariot, and you can take two babies on the ride. The multi-point seatbelts assure complete safety, and the munchkins will stay secure in place even on bumpy roads.
The built-in rain cover is there to protect the riders from rains and splashes. Thule has attached a big and comfortable grippy handle in case you want to push the chariot manually. The two foldable front wheels help you steer it with ease, while the rear pneumatic wheels are there for better shock absorption.
In a nutshell, it is a chariot cum stroller you can use while biking, jogging, or roaming around the campsite. It is a highly safe carrier that’s perfect for two 1- or 2-year-old babies.
|Max Weight Limit||100 lbs|
|Ideal for (age group)||12- 24 months|
- It has super comfortable seats with padding
- The 5-point harness keeps the babies safe
- You get a bicycle trailer kit inside the box
- The mesh window assures good airflow
- You need a trailer to tow this chariot
- Installing and removing it from a bike takes time
Important Tips to Keep in Mind When Purchasing the Best Camping Gear for Babies
Now that you know about the most-loved camping gear for babies, it is essential to understand some basics. These tips will be really helpful, especially if you are a new parent.
Make Sure it Fits Your Baby.
When buying a travel bed or a baby backpack, you need to ensure that the gear can accommodate your baby comfortably. Check the recommended age group and the maximum weight the particular gear can carry.
The same is the case with camping chairs. Make sure the gear can accommodate your baby to give him the required comfort.
Look for Certifications
There are several agencies and organizations with a set of rules and regulations for baby gear manufacturers. One such agency is JPMA. Look for these certifications when buying camping gear for babies to get extra safety.
Also, the products that come with such certifications adhere to the standards set by these organizations, so you can rest assured about safety, durability, and other things.
Always Choose a Portable Option
You’ll have a lot of things to carry for camping, so the baby gear for camping should be highly portable. Have a look at the dimensions and weight of the gear and make sure it fits in your car.
Look for What Parents Say
Buying products online is a little daunting, but you get good help from fellow parents. Just skim through the customer reviews to know more about the durability and other factors of a product.
It will help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need for camping with a baby?
Your camping checklist should include the basic essentials, like diapers, a travel bed, a baby backpack, a changing mat, and a stroller. Some parents even prefer carrying a play-pen and beddings.
Ultimately, it depends on your requirements and the availability of such things around the campsite.
Is it safe to take a baby for camping?
Camping with a baby is safe, but you have to be extra careful. There should be someone looking for the baby all the time. Try to go with your spouse, or go with a group, so that there are enough people to pamper the kid.
As this article also mentioned, don’t forget all the baby essentials. Choosing the right camping gear specific for babies, such as a tent for camping with babies, are crucial to keeping your family safe!
What are the best kid-friendly campgrounds?
There are many kid-friendly campgrounds across the United States, including the Malaekahana Beach Campground and Ocean Lakes Family Campground. Search for a campground near your location, or ask some of your friends for recommendations.
Camping has a lot of soothing benefits and can fill your baby with positivity. So, you should take him out for a day or two to relax and have a great time. Select any of these best camping gears for babies, and have a comfortable experience camping with the little champ.
Make sure to prioritize safety, comfort, and portability, when buying such items. Lastly, go for renowned brands only so that you get promising product quality and good after-sales services.