Are you someone who likes adventure? Do you like going on hikes and trekking? Are you fond of camping but can’t afford to go anymore because you have a baby? Well, why not carry your baby along the next time you go camping? It will allow your child’s adventurous spirit to flourish.
Being amidst nature can be beneficial for children. Making nature a part of your child’s experiences will also boost your confidence level and keep them grounded.
As a family grows, it becomes important for the family’s tent to grow as well. When a baby gets involved, choosing a tent becomes way more difficult as the little one will now take up a lot of space. Moreover, you will need a comfortable space for the baby to sleep. If you’re wondering where to find a tent that could comfortably accommodate your little one, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of some of the best tents for camping with babies as one of the essentials for camping with a baby.
Best tent for camping with baby
Tiny Land Kids Teepee Tent
- ⭐[Worth Accessories You Can Get] - Include a gray teepee with window & inner pocket and its assembly accessories (8 pine poles with 4 connectors), a 13ft star...
- ⭐[Perfect Teepee for Boys] - This kids teepee is designed with gray water ripples, more decorative and dirt resistant than a white teepee. Grey teepee tent is...
- ⭐[Stable & Comfortable Teepee] - Made of durable 100% natural cotton canvas material and come with non-slip mat to provide kids more comfortable place to...
- ⭐[Wonderful Play Tent for kids] - Tiny Land teepee has a small inside pocket for books or small toy to be snugged away for reading or playing. This play tent...
One of the best tents to camp with your baby is the Tiny Land Kids Teepee Tent. This product is made of 100% pure cotton, which makes it breathable and has no chemicals or allergens.
Once your baby is grown up, he or she can add their personal touch in the tent using paints, markers, or stickers. In this way, one can turn the camp into a beautiful place to read, spend time with nature, or even host a small party.
The Tiny Land tent comes with a paned window which allows air circulation. Attached to the tent are two pockets to store things and a flap door that you can close whenever needed with the help of a string. What’s more, it has fairy lights, a padded anti-slip mat, and a carry bag.
|Dimensions||LxWxH47.24 x 47.24 x 62.99 inches|
|Material of the cloth||100% cotton|
- It doesn’t take a huge chunk of time to assemble
- The tent is nicely made.
- Keeping in mind the price, the quality is top-notched
- The canvas is heavy, which makes it resistant to scratches.
- The frame might at times be unstable
NARMAY Play Tent Space World Dome Tent
- Features a charming outer space design with a tunnel entrance that looks just like a spaceship capsule door
- Large internal space has plenty of room for multiple children, toys, and kid-sized furniture; the waterproof floor protects kids' skin and ensures a dry, safe...
- Top mesh panels provide ventilation and promote air circulation; high-quality polyester taffeta prevents rips and tears
- Inspires imagination and encourages crawling and physical play; includes colored PE-coated fiberglass shock-corded tent poles
You can start your camping journey right from your backyard with the NARMAY Play Tent Space World Dome Tent. This tent will let you and your baby explore the wonders of nature.
It is a great option to hang out with friends or family along with your child. It comes with a crawl-in tunnel port that resembles a space capsule door. Moreover, it has polyester taffeta walls that are covered with eye-catching planets and rockets. These designs will encourage your little one to get involved with nature. Besides, the floor is waterproof, which safeguards the skin of your baby. The top mesh panels promote air circulation.
|Item Dimensions||LxWxH- 48.03 x 48.03 x 40.16 inches|
|Item Weight||0.96 Kilograms|
- It is very spacious with enough room for a baby as well as toys.
- It is made of good quality products.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is simple to pack and unpack.
- It is highly portable.
- The floor is slightly hard.
The Night Cat Backpacking Tent
- 【Aluminium Pole: Lightweight & Strong】 Night Cat 2 persons tent is equipped with premium quality aluminium alloy poles that is quite lightweight, only...
- 【Heavy Waterproof & Windproof】 The 190T PET fabric with waterproofness PU 3000mm as outer layer, the 210D Oxford fabric with waterproofness PU 2000mm as...
- 【Easy and Fast Setup,Take Down】Just using hooks to hang on poles, rather than threading poles through sleeves of traditional camping tent, making it...
- 【Fit for 1 to 2 Persons】Quite roomy for 1 person, and no problem for 2 persons. Fits well inside with 2 single-person air mattresses or sleeping bags...
The Night Cat Backpacking Tent is light and compact, making it perfect for camping in the backyard or any camping ground near your house. If you don’t want to travel far but at the same time want to enjoy some time away from home with your baby, this tent is the best choice for you. It is very easy to set up and can be taken down pretty quickly. The best quality about this tent is that it is waterproof and windproof, which makes sure your baby is safe inside.
|Item Dimensions||LxWxH- 42 x 15 x 15cm|
|Pole Material Type||Aluminum|
- It is light-weight and portable.
- It is waterproof as well as windproof.
- It is easy to set up.
- Taking down the tent is easy and simple.
- It is not recommended for more than two people.
Ciays Camping Tent
- Can You Sleep Well Camping? - Not enough room! Athlete sleepers love the 2 person tent. Designed to fit 2 adults. Our camping tent has a dream running space of...
- Great Family Connection! - Our camping tent can also be a family tent for bonding with your family! Mesh pockets for your child's toys, phones, and lamp hook...
- Wind & Waterproof Tent - 2 person tents for camping are made with premium and lightweight fiberglass frame poles, inverted seams, water resistant PE floor with...
- No More Sweaty Smells! - Thanks to the 2 large mesh sides and large window, our family camping tents provide excellent ventilation, air circulation and limit...
The Ciays Camping Tent brings you the right amount of comfort and quality. It is a great tent that perfectly fits two people. This tent will allow you to enjoy your outdoor time without any problem. These outdoor tents are specially curated for your backyard keeping in mind your convenience.
It has additional features like storage pockets, a tie for lanterns, and a lot of space so that two people can comfortably stay inside. The two side pockets inside the tent allow you to store your things like cell phones, sunglasses, etc. You also get a mat at the tent entrance to clean your shoes before entering the tent. The rooftop storage option makes storing clothes more effortless, and you don’t have to put anything on the floor. Thus, you can have a fun time outdoors while being comfortable inside this lightweight camping tent.
|Special Features||Water-Resistant, Portable, Waterproof, Lightweight, Rainfly|
|Item Dimension||87″ x 61″ x 46″|
- It comes with proper ventilation.
- It is very easy to unpack and quick to set up.
- It is decently constructed.
- It is suitable for two people
- When you put on the rain flap, the airflow inside the tent gets blocked.
- The screen on the door is small in size.
- 5′ x 5’ interior footprint, 36″ interior height, 2 lbs. 8oz weight
- Shock-corded fiberglass poles provide strength and durability
- Coated polyester tent and fly fabric protects against ultra-violet damage
- Includes fly, PE waterproof floor, Interior storage pocket, No-see-um mesh roof and windows
Whether it is rainy weather or sunny, the one-room Cooper Boy Scouts Camping Tent by GigaTent will ensure that your little one is safe and dry inside. This tent has a lot to offer.
The shock-corded fibreglass poles give the tent a lot of robustness. It comes with waterproof polyester material, which protects the tent from rain, moisture ,and UV rays. You also get a micro-mesh roof and window netting which keeps tiny pests away. This compact tent is a convenient option for travelling and carrying from one place to another.
|Size||5 x 5-Feet x 45-Inch|
|Special Feature||Portable, Waterproof, Lightweight, Rainfly|
- It is very affordable.
- It is portable.
- It is waterproof.
- It is light-weight.
- It is not very spacious
Essential points to consider while buying a tent to camp with babies
Many people run behind the idea that a 3-person tent can accommodate three to sleep. However, that’s not the case. Even though three people can sleep, they won’t be able to do it comfortably. There will not be enough space to keep the baggage and other accessories.
Thus, if you have a family of three people, you should go for a tent that is actually meant for five people. This will give you a space for bedding and smaller spaces to keep your clothes, cell phones, accessories, etc. When the weather is poor, that extra space will be beneficial with all of you inside the tent.
In case the size of the tent is small, adults might find it difficult to sleep. People who are tall might have to curl up and sleep. Thus, keeping a note of the measurements is a must.
How you plan to use your tent
Not all tents are suitable for all kinds of environments. A tent that is made for the summer season will be light-weight and come with a lot of ventilation options. Such a tent can be taken to warm spaces.
All-season tents will allow you to go through heavy rain and windy weather conditions. It will protect you from cold and dust. However, if you want to go camping to a snowy place, you need to get a winter tent and not just any outdoor tent. Be cautious while selecting your tent and check if it fits the right weather.
Ease of use
You will come across some great tents that can hold about 7-10 people. Such tents even come with separate rooms and a huge storage space. You might feel tempted to buy such a tent. However, before you jump to a conclusion, take a look at how long it takes to set up. If the tent takes an army to set it up, then avoid buying it. You need to consider this point while buying a tent.
With such a large tent, you might end up spending hours trying to set it up after arriving at the location. With a baby on your lap, you would never want to waste your precious time on such things. To make the setup easier and faster, you can look at videos on YouTube. There are a lot of videos of people setting up tents for various brands. Find the tent you are interested in or something similar. Take a look at how the tent works, and if possible, practice setting it up beforehand at home.
Consider going through the reviews given by other customers before you decide to buy a tent. Look for independent reviewers instead of the manufacturer video. Such videos will try to make the setting up look easy, no matter what. However, a customer who has nothing to do with the brand will actively point out the drawbacks.
Material of the tent
Monitor the material of the tent carefully. This factor has the power to influence your choice of purchase. If you go for tents made of canvas, they can turn out to be heavy after absorbing water. The advantage of such tents is that they are durable, unlike the nylon ones. Even nylon and polyester tents are waterproof, but sunlight might destroy them over a course of time. Before you go ahead to purchase these tents, ensure that the seams are being sealed to save them from water.
Most of these tents claim to be waterproof, but the cheaper ones might not be. Also, check the zips of the tent before you buy it. Zips are a significant part of a tent but are often ignored by people. If the zip fails to work, your tent will have to welcome things that aren’t very pleasant. Also, take a look if the zip is made of top-notch quality, easily movable, doesn’t get caught on cloth, and is non-rusting.
Weight of the tent
Questions like “how far do you want to carry this tent?” or “Is it for car camping?” need to be considered before buying a tent. Some of the bigger tents are heavier to carry. Even if you need to carry it from the car to the camping site, you have to consider the weight of the tent. In such cases, you should be able to manage it on your own.
Some family tents are so large that once packed up, they won’t even fit on the roof of the car. So, have that in mind before you choose to buy a large tent. Moreover, you should have a lot of strength to carry the tent up to the roof of the car.
It can be painful to wake up and realize that everything is damp around you. Thus, ventilation in a tent is a crucial point that needs to be kept in mind.
The sides of the tent will touch the ground, and might get completely drenched by the time you wake up. So, ensure that your tent comes with proper ventilation.
Make a list of all the features that you need in your tent and look for them while purchasing one. An important feature is the number of doors available in a tent. Most often, two doors are convenient as they make for two outlets to step out.
You should also look for the number of windows in your tent as they facilitate air ventilation. The tent must have storage pockets to keep stuff and make the interiors appear less clumsy.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can you take a baby out for camping?
When it comes to camping, the sooner you take your baby along, the better. You can start carrying your baby on camping trips when they are a toddler or even as a preschooler. It is never too early to take your little one outdoors.
Can you take a one-year old on a camping trip?
Yes, you can. However, it is better to take the process one step at a time. Select a place that is relatively closer to your location. If your kid is not accustomed to staying outdoors, they might get irritated or scared. So, it’s advisable that you start off at a place that’s nearby.
How to make a baby sleep in a tent?
The best way to make your baby sleep is by recreating the environment at home as close as possible. If your baby has the habit of sleeping in a crib, carry a portable crib along with the tent, if possible. For the ones who sleep with their baby, try to put up your blankets, cushions, and sleeping bags to make your little one feel at home.
What should you bring for camping?
When you go camping, there are a few things that you should always bring:
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads
- Camping pillows
- Extra batteries
- Camp chairs
- Camp table
It’s never too early to begin a camping experience for your children. This can be a great way to pass on your interest in nature and your adventurous spirit to your kid. After acquiring some experience of staying outdoors, there will come a point when your child would be able to set up their own tent and go camping with friends all by themselves. Choosing a tent from the abovementioned list will give you and your baby a great camping experience. Hope this article helps you figure out your perfect match.