Hammocks elevate the experience whether you are on a car camping trip near a beautiful lake or in your backyard enjoying the weather. But what’s even more fun is when you get to take your beloved pet with you. You might have concerns about hammock camping with your dog. But guess what? It’s completely safe, and even more fun!
The next problem is choosing and buying the perfect dog hammock. Not a problem anymore. We have compiled here a list of the best hammocks for dogs so that they enjoy the trip as much as you do.
Below is the list of products we shortlisted after extensive research. We have talked about the durability, quality of the material for each, with quirks and features highlighted.
Among these, Kootek Camping Hammock has earned the position of top pick hammock for dogs. It is lightweight, firm, and designed to stay with you for a long time. Lets see what other incredible features it has to offer, and what other options do we have.
More camping gear for your dogs
- Best tents for camping with dogs
- Best dog beds for camping with dogs
- Best camping dog mats
- Portable dog kennels for camping
- Portable invisible dog fence for camping
Best Dog-Friendly Hammocks for Camping
Kootek Camping Hammock with Net Double & Single Portable Hammocks
- Durable material: Made of 210T parachute fabric material, which is more durable.
- 2 Sizes Available: The large hammock is suitable for 2 people (120"L X 78"W) and can hold up to 500 pounds. The medium hammock is suitable for 1 person (105''L...
- Design with net: The hammock with net allows you to enjoy comfortable moments whether outdoors or indoors.
- Tree-friendly straps: The straps provide a larger contact area and are friendly to trees. You can adjust the length of the strap according to different needs.
Kootek Camping Hammock is our top pick overall because it has everything you can wish for in a perfect hammock. As Kootek Camping Hammock is made from parachute fabric, it provides extra durability. The high-quality nylon is stiff and robust, providing additional protection against dog nail ripping.
Kootek Camping Hammock has a 500 pounds maximum weight capacity which is more than enough for two people. It’s a perfect choice for you if you have a big dog like German Shepherd as the hammock is very roomy. The greater the room, the lower the chances of your dog ripping the surface.
Another great thing about this hammock is that it has a net to keep the mosquitos and bugs away so that you and your dog can have a comfortable sleep. And when camping among trees, a mosquito net is a must-have unless you want to experience the whole of nature, with its mosquitoes!
The net, however, might irritate your dog as it decreases the headroom. It is a problem for big dogs like German Shepherds, but puppies like chihuahuas will be fine.
|Dimensions||118″L X 78″W|
|Color||Blue & Sky Blue|
|Maximum Weight||500 Pounds|
- Parachute nylon provides extra durability.
- Enough room for you two
- The straps are wide, hence better grip
- Kootek Camping Hammock is not the best-looking
- The net does not provide enough headroom
Lawson Hammock Blue Ridge Camping Hammock and Tent
Best Large Sized Hammock
If you find it difficult to leave the comfort of your bed and still want to enjoy the camping experience, then Lawson Hammock Blue Ridge Camping Hammock is the choice for you.
Lawson Hammock is multifunctional as it can be hung from the trees and used on the ground as well. The hammock has a distinct structure that keeps it flatter than most of the other hammocks. Unlike other hammocks, Lawson Hammock doesn’t bend in a banana-like shape when you lay on it.
Lawson Hammock comes with a detachable overhead net. Like the rest of the hammock, the net is waterproof and provides excellent protection against mosquitos and bugs.
Lawson Hammock does carry some fantastic features, but it’s not all good either. The flatbed is made up of thicker materials in order to keep it flat. And this adds weight to the hammock. Four pounds of weight might not seem a lot, but it is definitely heavy for hikers.
Other than that, the weight limit of the Lawson Hammock is only 275 pounds which is incredibly less than average. But even 275 pounds are more than enough for one person and a small dog.
|Dimensions||90 x 42 x 42 inches|
|Maximum Weight||275 Pounds|
- The flat surface gives the feels of a bed
- Can be used as a tent or hammock
- Built-in no-see bug net
- Weight capacity only allows a little pup
- For hikers, Lawson adds extra weight
Handwoven Classic Double Hammock, Shareable, Weathersafe Hammocks
- HANG AN INSTANT OASIS: Our Double Hammock fits 1- 2 people (400 lb capacity) and can expand wider than a Queen-Size bed! Hang the ends about 8-11 feet apart...
- AS SEEN ON ABC'S 🦈 SHARK TANK: We reinvented the hammock to make your downtime feel absolutely incredible. Breezy, supersoft, weathersafe and impeccably...
- RIDICULOUSLY COMFY: Designed with your utter bliss in mind, our Weightless Weave uses over 150,000 interwoven loops of ultra-soft yarn to float you in cloudlike...
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Created with superstrong, triple reinforced weave technique. Plus, this UV-safe hammock can stay out all season! Our Performance Yarn...
This hammock truly is a piece of art with its beautiful handwoven structure. The weave is handcrafted with over 150000 interwoven loops. With this level of detail and quality, it can be used as a showpiece to level up the view in your backyard.
Not only is this hammock beautiful, but it is also comfortable too. Instead of the more commonly used nylon, this hammock is made with acrylic. Acrylic makes the bed very soft and warm while retaining durability and strength. And that’s the reason why acrylic is commonly used as a wool alternative.
It is strong enough to hold up to 400 pounds which is enough for you and your dog. You won’t have to carry another single hammock for the canine.
This hammock is especially suitable for dogs who move a lot as the acrylic surface is very tempting for animals. But you’ll have to look out for your pet’s long nails.
You should get your dog groomed before letting him hop on the hammock as the woven design might rip. Or you can put a towel for your pet to lay on.
|Dimensions||10 x 7 x 7 inches|
|Color||Gray & White|
|Maximum Weight||400 Pounds|
- Incredibly soft material provides better comfort
- The robust structure can hold over two adults
- The sophisticated weave makes the hammock a great showpiece
- The weave is prone to ripping
- The width allows one adult only
WINNER OUTFITTERS Double Camping Hammock – Lightweight Nylon Portable Hammock
Best Double Hammock
- Comfortably Supporting Up To 500 lbs: This double hammock fits 2 persons, You can lay down with your friend or loved one and you will still have plenty of room....
- Super Lightweight And Easy Setup: The backpacking hammock can be used for camping, travel, beach, yard. You will have everything you need for quick and easy...
- Great Gift: Adults, kids, people who travel, beach visitors, tent campers and fellow Winner - all say they LOVE IT! A great gift for traveling, camping,...
- Package: Includes one double camping hammock 118”(Long) x 78”(Wide), two ropes(each 137”(Long)), two tree friendly straps (each 52”(Long) x 1”(Wide))...
Double hammocks are an excellent choice for those with extra-large dogs. Double hammocks provide extra room so that both the dog and the owner are comfortable. It is lightweight and provides greater value than most hammocks on the market.
WINNER OUTFITTERS Double Camping Hammock is extra wide with 10 feet by 6.5 feet dimensions. It can hold up to 500 pounds of weight, thanks to the 210T Nylon Parachute fabric. Parachute fabric protects against nail rips and is unaffected by the scorching heat.
This hammock can be used at beaches, camping sites and proves to be a great gift. It is especially recommended for the easy setup procedure. It only takes three minutes to hang the hammock by the tree or pole.
|Material||210T Nylon Parachute|
|Dimensions||118 x 78 x 0.1 inches|
|Maximum Weight||500 Pounds|
- The 6.5 feet width accommodates two people easily
- The setting up procedure is literally a three-minute one
- Better height adjustment with straps
- Hand-wash only
- Short straps narrow the setup options
Tips to Remember when Buying a Dog Camping Hammock
There are some things to consider before buying the best hammock. There are many products on the market, and to help you shortlist the best ones, you must know what to look for.
Hammocks are usually made of nylon, but there are ones made of cotton and acrylic too. For a solid and UV-resistant hammock that is waterproof, nylon or parachute fabric is commonly used.
They provide excellent protection against ripping and longer life of the hammock. We know what nylon and parachute fabrics are known for!
When buying dog hammocks for camping, this is probably the first and foremost thing to look for. You can compromise if camping is just a now and then thing for you two, and backyard camping is a more often case.
Acrylic and Cotton are good options if you want to buy a hammock to use as a luxury item afterward just to read a book.
You don’t have to worry about the space when looking for a hammock for one person. But when it’s you and your dog or your partner, then it’s something you should care about.
For two people, the hammock must be wide enough to accommodate both without getting too bent or falling over!
When looking for dog hammocks for camping, the size of your dog is a huge variable. It can narrow down your options to a great extent.
You can go easy on your camping hammock, if it’s a little pup we are talking about. But for a large pooch, a robust hammock with a good weight holding capacity should do the job.
Weight and Size
Weight of your hammock is not an issue for rare car camping trips. But if you are carrying the hammock in a backpack for a hiking trip, then weight matters.
Lightweight hammocks made of nylon weigh a maximum of 1.5 pounds. But some extra luxury ones can weigh over 4 pounds.
Can my dog sleep comfortably in my hammock?
It depends on the dog! Some dogs hop in the hammock the moment they see one, while some refuse to get into one. To find out whether your dog likes a hammock or not is to set up your hammock in your backyard and see if he hops in or not.
Which hammocks are suitable for dogs?
There are many kinds of hammocks, such as rope hammocks, quilted hammocks, etc. Hammocks with large holes in the surface, like rope hammocks, aren’t suitable for dogs as their legs get stuck quickly.
The fabric surface is perfect for dogs, and the above list only contains fabric hammocks.
How far apart do the trees need to be to install the hammock without purchasing extra straps?
With a hammock length of 7 feet, deducting the “sag,” 12 feet of total strap length (10 feet after putting around both trees), it gives about 15 feet of distance between two trees.
Before you head out, we suggest you take an idea about how to set up your camping hammock gear.
After extensively researching through dozens of products, we have shortlisted the best four hammocks perfect for camping with your canine. But the hammock that stands out is the Kootek Camping Hammock. It is an excellent product for those with a large pooch as it is very spacious.For a comfortable hammock that looks good in your home, too, we recommend buying the Handwoven Classic Double Hammock. The complicated handwoven surface definitely got a lot of cheer.