Camping trips with your family, friends, and your dog can be real fun. They bring you all together while you enjoy your time sitting around a campfire or playing catch-and-throw in the wild. But wouldn’t it be amazing to have your dog’s company during a warm, cozy bonfire?
Apart from ensuring that your dog is safe during the trip, you also need to take care of its comfort. This is where the dog chair comes into play. Having a dog camping chair will make your doggo’s camping experience a lot more fun.
If you are traveling during summer, a dog camping chair is extremely beneficial to cool off your pet as it allows air to circulate properly by letting your dog sit a little high above the ground. These chairs also provide much relief to dogs who have arthritic joints.
They can take a little rest from all the hopping and running while giving you company. Adding a dog chair to your camping gear can make all the difference in your overall camping experience. But before you go buy one, here are a few things to note.
The Best Camping Chairs for Dogs
To make your task easier, we are bringing you the nitty-gritty of a few camping dog chairs for you to check out.
Gen7Pets Cool-Air Cot
- Cool-Air Cot: Raised 7" off the ground and made up of a furniture-grade mesh that provides Smart Air-Flow comfort, the Trailblazer Cool-Air Cot is perfect for...
- Above And Beyond: Your pet will be safe from muddy, hot, or wet grounds when camping, traveling, at the beach, or by the pool; The Cool-Air cot drains water,...
- Approved By Best Friends: Gen7Pets full line of products includes pet strollers, carriers, ramps, and steps with smart-features components, stylish-fashion, and...
- Best Safety: Through quality, smartly designed products, Gen7Pets seeks to provide solutions that evoke trust, comfort and happiness; Our products make life...
The Cool-Air Cot is a great dog bed that provides your furry friend a cozy place to sit and rest. It has strong and stable legs. The cot hardly takes any time to assemble and can carry a weight of up to 90 pounds.
What sets the Gen7 Cool-Air Cot apart are its raised, curved back and sides. This cot comes with a well-balanced base and a mesh seat to let your dog relax. This dog chair-cum-bed is a little on the higher price range.
|Dimensions||LxWxH- 37x26x7 inches|
- Durable, tough, and resistant
- Easy assembly
- Provides the best value
- Cover cannot be removed for washing.
K&H Elevated Dog Bed
- ELEVATED DOG COT: Raised dog bed helps pets stay cool in warm spring and summer months by allowing air to circulate and keeps pets off wet/cold ground with 9"...
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Lifted pet bed with breathable mesh center is great for indoor and outdoor use. Slip resistant rubber feet provide protection for indoor...
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 300 pounds, the perfect dog beds for large dogs
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Dog hammock features a removable cover that is machine washable and can even be hosed off outdoors
The K&H Elevated Dog Bed is available in four different sizes. They range from a small version (17x22x7 inches) to an extra-large version (32x50x9 inches).
This chair lets the air pass properly with the breathable mesh. Thus, it keeps the bed cool and comfortable while providing proper support to your doggo.
You can assemble this bed in very little time, and it can hold up to 200 pounds. The best part is the cover can be detached and washed. The K&H comes with a range of accessories like a canopy covered in sheep’s wool or mesh. This is quite an affordable chair with nice features.
|Dimensions||LxWxH- 32 x 50 x 9 inches (XL)|
- Comes in four different sizes
- Breathable mesh allows air crossing
- Cover can be removed and washed.
- The material is not chew-proof.
HDP Elevated Napper Cot
- Heavy-duty water resistant polyester oxford
- Powder coated, rust-resistant frame
- Protects pets from uncomfortable cold, hot, damp, and uneven surfaces
- For Pets up to 40 Lb
The HDP Napper Cot is specially built for smaller dogs. This is a medium-sized elevated bed that provides comfort to dogs. It can take a weight up to 30 pounds. The cover of the bed is foldable, waterproof, and keeps pets away from the ground.
Thus, your dog will remain cooler here if you go camping during summer. This bed is suitable for arthritic dogs too, as their joints will get proper support in this bed. You can even detach the padded cover to clean it.
What makes this product stand out is the fact that it is easy to assemble and break down too. If you’re on a tight budget, this might be the right cot for your furry friend.
|Weight recommended||30 lbs|
|Colors||Blue and Pink|
- Durable and tough
- Rust-free frames provide a long life
- The cover is foldable and waterproof
- Not reliable for big dogs
Paws & Pals Elevated Dog Bed, Portable Raised Pet Cot
- DIMENSIONS: 43.5x29.5 for the frame, 29x22 inches for the bed. Holds up to 88 pounds
- CONSTANT USE: Rugged design makes this bed great for daily use, outdoor or indoor. Waterproof fabric.
- YOUR PET STAYS WARM: Elevated design comfortably keeps your pet off the cold, hard ground
- STAY ON A SLEEP SCHEDULE: Conveniently aids in maintaining a healthy pet sleep schedule. When your pet wakes up, the bed is easy to wash and maintain.
Your pet deserves comfort during a camping trip, just like you. And your doggo can laze around and have all the comfort in this raised pet cot by Paws & Pals. With this chair cum bed, your dog will have the most peaceful sleep even in bad weather conditions.
The mesh fabric of this cot feels soft on the paws of your pet and makes for a cozy space to relax. It is super easy to set up and you won’t require any professional to assemble this bed.
All you need to do is fasten some screws, and it is ready. When it comes to durability, the metal frame and waterproof mesh fabric will last longer than you can expect.
|Dimensions||43.5 x 29.5 x 8 inches|
- Proper instructions and easy assembly
- Metal frame provides long life
- Waterproof mesh provides extra protection
- The material is not chew-proof
Carlson Pet Cot for Large Dogs
- Easy fold and go system
- Lightweight design and includes carry case
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Perfect for on the go pets
The Carlson Pet Cot ensures that even a large dog can enjoy and relax on an elevated bed. This pet cot comes with a holding capacity of up to 90 lbs. You can easily store it anywhere as it can be folded when not in use.
What sets it apart from other products in the market is its unique elevated, sturdy design, and its suitability for dogs of larger breeds. Although it comes in a medium size, this cot is quite affordable and durable.
|Material||Nylon, Metal frame|
|Dimensions||LxWxH- 48 x 26 x 7 inches|
- Roomy enough for big dogs
- Good weight holding capacity
- Foldable; easy portability
- The fabric is slippery
Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
- Material: Textilene Mesh and Powder-Coated Steel. Size: 42"x30"x7" (107x76x18 cm). Can hold a maximum weight of 150 pounds (68kg); Suitable for a normal adult...
- Stay Cool Ever! Crafted of mesh fabric in the center, our bed allows air to flow, keeping them cool while they relax in the heat. Textilene fabric features...
- Floor No More! Sleeping with an elevated dog bed is more comfortable, cleaner, dryer, and healthier compared to the ground. Stay cool in peak summer or cozy in...
- Easy to Assemble! No screws and wrenches needed. The dog bed can be directly installed by using the plug-in. Lightweight and portable. Perfect for indoor,...
The Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed is easy to carry and comes with a mesh layering that is washable and breathable. The mesh fabric will keep your dog cool in the summer season. The mat is made of long-lasting and tear-resistant fabric. It is also heat-resistant and quite sturdy. You can easily throw it into the washing machine for cleaning.
The good thing is that this elevated dog bed is lightweight and you can detach it into two parts and carry it in your car to the camping destination.
It not only offers great quality but is cost-effective too. The cot is available in various sizes. You can select the chair as per the size of your dog. You also have the choice to choose from a range of 8 color options. All in all, the Veehoo Cooling chair is simply the best dog cot for camping!
|Dimensions||M: 32 x 25 x 7 inchesL: 42 x 30 x 7 inchesXL: 49 x 33 x 9 inches|
- Mesh fabric of the cot allows good airflow.
- The material is chew-proof.
- Easy portability
- Available in various size and color options.
- You may find it difficult to assemble this cot.
Portable Elevated Dog Bed by Outrav
- COLLAPSIBLE ROLL UP TRAVEL PET BEDS: Portable elevated pet bed available in large 36” x 36” x 12” or medium 28” x 28” x 12” size. Comes with...
- ELEVATED LOUNGER BED FOR DOG & CAT: The ultimate portable dog beds for camping & traveling with your pet companion by your side, our cots are elevated to allow...
- CUSHIONED TOP PAD FOR COZY COMFORT: Topper made out of super strength 600D PVC oxford & enhanced with polyester wadding to treat your pet to a comforting...
- HEAVY DUTY, DURABLE & COMFORTABLE: Steel frame supports up to 100lbs. Sturdy & strong enough for large breed dogs & chubby kitty cats. It folds up quickly to...
This bed is perfect for dogs that weigh around 100 pounds. It can be folded, which makes storage very easy and effortless. Smaller dogs will find this product super comfortable because of the extra padding. Moreover, this product is very budget-friendly. If you have a small or mid-sized dog, go for this dog chair cum bed. It is a durable and sturdy product with steel frame support.
|Dimensions||M: 28 x 28 x 8 inchesL: 36 x 36 x 12 inches|
|Weight limit||100 lbs|
|Material||Steel & Fabric Topper|
- Light-weight and portable
- Easy storage
- Provides great value for your money
- The cushion limits the airflow
YEP HHO Large Elevated Mesh Pet Cot
The YEP HHO Large Elevated Mesh Pet Cot is one of the nicest products for your dog. It is elevated from the ground and comes in good quality mesh fabric that lets optimum airflow for your dog. There is absolutely no stress about your dog chewing it since the material is quite strong.
One of the good things about this dog chair is that you don’t need to assemble and take it down. This chair folds up without any effort. You can just fold it up and keep it inside the carry case.
|Dimensions||42″L x 24″W x 9.2″H|
|Weight limit||14 lbs|
- Sufficient airflow
- Efficient setting up and folding down
- Lightweight and portable
- The material is reliable and chew-proof
- Clumsy frame
Points to keep in mind while buying a dog camping chair
Size and Weight
Most people give foremost priority to the weight and size while buying dog camping chairs. If you are planning to get one, look for chairs that can bear a good amount of weight. You also have to check the size of the chair. Go for the ones that are big enough to keep your dog comfortable instead of making them feel cramped.
Sturdy support is another crucial factor when it comes to a dog camping chair. Most dog camping chairs come with strong metal or hard plastic legs. Such materials give a dependable base whenever a dog moves about while sitting or getting down the chair.
You can filter your options by choosing whether you want a detachable cover or not. That can make it easier for you to remove the cover and clean it. However, some chairs with non-detachable covers are water-resistant so that you can wipe them with a damp cloth when they get dirty.
Storage is something that should be taken into account too. Any chair that can be folded is easy to carry and saves a lot of space. Also, when you are no longer using the chair, you should be able to store It anywhere in the house.
While buying a camping chair, it is important for you to have a budget in mind. Fortunately, purchasing a top-quality camping chair will not create a hole in your pocket. Most of these chairs give satisfactory performance and last for a long period of time.
How crucial is portability?
Portability is the most significant factor that needs to be kept in mind while buying a camping chair for a dog. Since you will be traveling, you should be able to carry the chair inside your car or however you choose to travel.
Will the camping chair for dogs fit inside my tent?
This totally depends on the size of your tent and your chair. However, it is advisable to use the chair for outdoor purposes as much as possible or else the interiors of your tent might feel congested.
Which is the best camping chair for dogs in the market?
There are various kinds of chairs available in the market. We have enlisted some of the most reliable brands for you to select from in the article above. Go take a look and make your match!
Dogs tend to remain very active when left outdoors or during a camping trip. Hence, ensuring that they have all the comfort in the trip is very important. As your dog gets older, too much movement gets difficult on their joints and muscles while camping. So, if you have a dog and you are planning to go camping with your pet, getting a camping chair is a must.
Hope you find this guide useful. Choosing one camping chair from the list provided in this article will surely make your life easy.