Typically, going for camping off-grid meant that you leave all your electrical devices behind to escape the hustle and bustle of modern-day life. However, with our newly found technological advancements, you don’t have to be without electrical power just because you want the outdoor experience.
Portable power solutions have made it possible to charge various tech devices, lights, appliances such as tent heaters, and more as you chill around the camp. With this, you can check out the latest news, trail maps, weather reports, and enjoy music to get your camping party going.
The best part about this is that you won’t have to worry about carrying around large and bulky gear to facilitate this. If you enjoy camping, consider the following best portable power station for camping.
How to Find the Best Power Station for Camping
There are several portable power station options available on the market, making it hard to find the right one that suits your needs. Outlined below are some considerations to help you find a good power station for your camping needs.
Portable power stations can either be gas-powered, battery-powered, or solar-powered. The type of power significantly determines its portability and ease of operation. Battery-powered units are a common option, as they are less expensive and compact, as they don’t need an outdoor source of power. However, they have a limited lifespan and may take long to recharge. Nevertheless, you should find a product that has multiple charging options.
Camping power stations should be portable. Therefore, you should consider the size and weight of the device before making a purchase. Choosing a light product will make it easy to transport for camping, hiking, or hunting expeditions.
Buying a portable power station is a significant investment, and you should find a great deal. As mentioned before, battery-powered power stations are affordable and reliable compared to other types. However, before making an investment, consider the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with the device.
Top Power Station for Camping
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital...
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it...
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials...
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller...
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer is the best portable power station of choice for its ample power, multiple charging options, durability, and several charging ports. Unlike other conventional generators, the unit supplies sufficient power without noise and gas. It features a rechargeable lithium power pack, offering up to 240Wh.
The unit presents with three recharge options. You can either connect it with an ordinary wall outlet, use a car port, or use a 50W solar panel. Regardless of your recharge method, it will take between 7 and 10 hours. It also comes with an LCD screen that makes it easy to monitor battery levels.
- High capacity unit
- Multiple recharging options
- Various ports
- Included carry handles
- Only good for smaller charges
- Average battery management system
PRYMAX Portable Power Station
- 【330W Power Station】PryMAX portable power station is equipped with 330W AC outputs for some large devices, like portable freezer and TV (less than 330W);...
- 【Multiple Functional Output Ports】This solar power station includes 2*110V/330W AC outlet(pure sine wave), 3*12V/8A DC ports, 1*12V/8A carport outlet,...
- 【3 Ways to Recharge】 This solar generator can be recharged by wall 110V/330W AC socket, solar panels (built-in upgraded MPPT technology provides higher...
- 【Emergency Light & LCD Screen】This camping portable power station with emergency light, which has 4 light modes to choose from: high light, low light, fast...
The PRYMAX Portable Power Station is another incredible product designed to solve your power outage sessions when camping. This battery-powered lithium unit can power several appliances for long periods. The unit comes with multiple ports, ensuring that it fully meets all your camping needs.
The unit’s feature highlight is probably the built-in silent and smart cooling fan that automatically turns on to maintain the temperatures of the power station. It is also gas-free, and its low-noise design makes it environmentally friendly.
- Large capacity
- Compact and portable
- Multiple charging sports
- Built-in silent cooling fan
- Comes with flashlight
- Lacks quick-charge ports
OMORC Mpow Portable Power Station
No products found.
The OMORC Mpow Portable Power Station is among the great products from OMORC, one of the reputable power station manufacturers. The unit comes with a large capacity, producing up to 4500mAh. Like other high-quality power stations, it is powered by lithium batteries and available in two colors, either blue or red.
The unit comes with many ports that support different functionalities. You can use it to charge iPhones up to 20 times, air pump and car charger ports. Despite the wide array of functionality, the unit is overly lightweight, weighing only 3.5 pounds. This additionally makes it compact and portable for camping trips.
- Large battery capacity
- Multifunctional outputs
- Solar rechargeable
- Eco-friendly power
- More expensive than some competitors
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
- SUPER COMPACT WITH AC OUTLET: Weighing the same as a standard bag of apples, this portable power station makes the smallest while remaining the most compact in...
- LEADERSHIP IN THE INDUSTRY: Founded in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Our explorer series has been featured...
- POWER UP TO 5 DEVICES: The Explorer 160 power station features 1* AC outlet (110V 100W 150W Peak), 1*USB-C port, 2* USB-A ports and 1* standard DC 12V port that...
- RECHARGEABILITY THROUGH SOLAR, AC, VEHICLES: Get fully recharged by Jackery SolarSaga 60 (sold separately) in just 4.5 hours. The wall outlet and car charging...
Yet another Jackery product, the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160, is among the smallest power stations, weighing less than 4 pounds. However, the small size and weight don’t compromise its ability to deliver sufficient power for your camping trips. The unit comes with a single AC port, DC port, two USB-A ports, and one USB-C charging port.
Like other high-quality Jackery products, the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 features a hard-plastic exterior, LCD screen, built-in flashlight, and an ergonomic handle for easy carrying. It also comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable construction
- Included flashlight
- Ergonomic handle
- Two-year warranty
- Average power supply compared to competitors
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
- LONG LASTING ENDURANCE: The Explorer 500 portable power station is built with the lithium-ion battery pack, in a safely designed frame structure to maximize,...
- THE PERFECT CAPACITY: With a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) capacity, it is ready to power many appliances - mini cooler, fan, projector, lamp light, and TV.
- SUPPORT PASS-THROUGH CHARGING: This power station features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W 1000W Peak), 3*USB-A ports, 2* DC ports, and 1*car port. Its Battery...
- DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY: Same size as a basketball, this Explorer 500 is easy to carry with its solid handle, making it a compact and reliable choice for...
Another incredible product from Jackery is the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500, which can serve your camping needs to satisfaction. The station relies on pine sine wave EC to produce sufficient power that can support a plethora of devices. The unit is powerful enough to power essential camping devices, such as smartphones and tablets, and projectors, TVs and blenders while at home.
The power station can also be used in combination with solar panels to provide a long-lasting and eco-friendly power supply to other devices. With this portable station, you can comfortably enjoy your camping trips while accessing all the devices that you need.
- Versatile power unit
- Multiple USB outlets
- Can be used with solar panels
- Long-lasting charge
- Large battery capacity
- The included flashlight is not bright
ROCKPALS 300W Portable Power Station
- UPGRADED ROCKPALS 300-WATT PORTABLE POWER STATION: Comparing to most similar power stations, Rockpals 300W has upgraded the AC output to 300W continuous (600W...
- HIGHER CAPACITY CAMPING/HOME BACKUP BATTERY: 280WH(3.7V 75Ah/12V 18.7Ah) lithium batteries and weights 7.3lb. powerful enough to charge smartphones (2000mah) 26...
- EASILY THREE WAY RECHARGEABLE: 1. Rockpals portable power station can be recharged from the sun with any compatible 60W or 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY)....
- PURE SINE WAVE OUTLET: Better than modified sine wave and clean power like utility supplied electricity. And it is a gas-free source of portable power supply,...
The ROCKPALS 300W Portable Power Station will make an ingenious addition to your camping gear. The unit provides a variety of powering options, with multiple outlets to support various devices. You can use it to charge your phone, laptop, tablet, fish light, Christmas light, CPAP, and other devices. It also comes with a cigarette lighter port that suits car-powered devices such as car refrigerators and car vacuum.
Apart from the powerful power supply, it also provides useful flashlight for outdoors. The powerful LED light has two lighting modes. You need to press once for the immobile white light mode and twice for SOS mode, which is a helpful outdoor emergency.
- High capacity battery
- Easily rechargeable
- Useful built-in flashlight
- Variety of powering options
- Cannot support devices with more than 300W rating
Having a reliable power station is a key ingredient for a fruitful camping experience. However, to find the best, you should consider several factors, pros, and cons. The best device should provide hours of electrical charge and easy recharge. It should also come with multiple power outlets to charge all your devices and keep you connected all the time.